Last updated March 08, 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Digital Currency Summit S.L.U, doing business as DCS Events (“DCS Events“, “we“, “us“, “our“). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website https://hellodecentralization.com/privacypolicy (the “Website“), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services“, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; email addresses; mailing addresses; job titles; country; and other similar information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
4. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in. If you are accessing our Website from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in United States, and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework:
Digital Currency Summit S.L.U complies with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union (EU), the United Kingdom (UK) and Switzerland to the United States. Although Privacy Shield is no longer considered a valid transfer mechanism for the purposes of EU and Swiss data protection law, in light of the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Case C-311/18 and opinion of the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner of Switzerland dated 8 September 2020, Digital Currency Summit S.L.U will continue to comply with the principles of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Digital Currency Summit S.L.U adheres to and complies with the Privacy Shield Principles when processing personal information from the EU, UK or Switzerland. If we have received your personal information in the United States and subsequently transfer that information to a third party acting as our agent, and such third party agent processes your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, we will remain liable unless we can prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Digital Currency Summit S.L.U is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”). In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to Digital Currency Summit S.L.U‘s Privacy Shield certification, please write to us at the contact details below. We commit to resolving any complaints or disputes about our collection and use of your personal information under the Privacy Shield. However, if you have an unresolved complaint in connection with our certification, we commit to cooperating with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs), the UK Information Commissioner and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable, and to comply with the advice given by them in respect of the complaint. Click here for a list of EU DPAs.
In limited situations, EU, UK and Swiss individuals may seek redress from the Privacy Shield Panel, a binding arbitration mechanism.
Please be sure to review the following sections of this Privacy Notice for additional details relevant to Digital Currency Summit S.L.U’s participation in the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield:
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? To learn more about the types of personal data Digital Currency Summit S.L.U collects.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION? To learn more about the purposes for which Digital Currency Summit S.L.U collects and uses personal information about you.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE? To learn more about the type or identity of third parties to which Digital Currency Summit S.L.U discloses personal information, and the purposes for which we do so.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? To learn more about the right of individuals to access their personal data.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 90 days.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.